- UK events
- Resort Programmes
- Online talks
- HAT blog
- HAT shop
- HAT advice
HAT off-piste club
This is all designed to help you answer the question ... is it safe out there?
As we teach, the answer to this is – it all depends! At HAT we want to help you understand what it depends on, so you can make better informed decisions and have more fun.
The HAT off-piste club is a community of free riders and off piste skiers who share similar values and beliefs about free riding. We want to be well informed, because we know that means we will have more fun AND we will stay safe.
The HAT off-piste club provides in-depth self help training materials, opportunities to get personal advice from Henry, live Avalanche Talks and on snow training programmes.
Click to register for free
Get our free paper and sign up for the ezine.
|Standard member benefits||Registered member||Premium member|
|Get our free article - how to stay safe and have more fun|
|Get our free article on how to buy off-piste insurance|
|Ezine - weekly tips, snow conditions, weather, practical advice|
|Purchase from equipment store|
|Watch part 1 of online talk|
|Join HAT online video Hangouts with Henry|
We also offer Premium membership.
|Premium member benefits||
|Study all online training modules - basic and advanced|
|Access advanced articles|
|Access HAT advice videos|
|10% discount off all equipment|
|10% discount off all HAT programmes|
|10% discount off guiding with Henry|
|Weekly club calls with Henry and HAT team|
Premium members can
- Study all of the HAT training materials online. This includes
- Ride Hard Ride Safe – an introduction to off piste safety & avalanche awareness in 4 parts. This totals more than two hours of video and presentation materials that help you answer the question "is it safe out there?"
- In depth and advanced modules covering key topics in further depth
- How and why avalanches trigger - an indepth module helping you understand why avalanches trigger and to identify the implications for your decision making
- Where you go and when - an in depth look at how to figure out where the best snow is and still stay safe
- How you go down or up - an in depth look at route selection and how to make sure you and your group are safe on the slope whilst still enjoying the best snow.
- Being well prepared - A number of resources covering subjects like having the right equipment, beeper training theory, creating a positive group psychology, managing the human factor
- Access to premium HAT webcontent offering insights on the evolving conditions, the snow conditions, the weather, the weak layer, the bulletins.
And as an extra bonus, premium members can
Get 10% off everything we sell on the HAT website, this includes talks, on snow programmes, equipment, off-piste guiding. This alone will cover your membership fee.