Backcountry skiing awareness sessions are happening with the ESF Val d’Isère and HAT this season at 6 pm every Monday in the Jardin d’Enfant cabin. The goal is to help people better understand, and thus better enjoy, off-piste skiing.
We’re thrilled to be involved in the English production of backcountry skiing awareness sessions with the ESF Val d’Isère. Watch a brief video on risk avoidance off-piste, followed by a transceiver training on the snow. Happening every Monday during the season (from mid-December on) at 6 pm!
While we’re not going to make you a top expert in 30 minutes, this is a great overview for people with some off-piste understanding – and an excellent starter for those who want to begin learning – about our wonderful off-piste environment: one of the best things that Val d’Isère has to offer!
The session starts at 6 pm every Monday at the ESF ‘Jardin d’Enfants’ ski hut on the nursery slopes, marked by a red banner. It includes:
- A 20 minute video in English (produced by Henry’s Avalanche Talk).
- A short interactive question and answer session.
- An avalanche transceiver training session on the snow behind the hut.
- Warm clothing, gloves and waterproof footwear (for the snow part).
- Your own transceiver, shovel & probe, if you have them (great opportunity to practise with your own equipment). Otherwise, the ESF have a couple of extra sets they can lend.
This ESF – HAT collaboration has its origins in our shared view that the more you understand about safety, the more fun you will have off-piste and the less chance you will do something silly and dangerous.
For more information come by the ESF office in Val d’Isère or see their website just below. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Ride Hard ! Ride Safe